Simone Züger is a Swiss designer, artist, and entrepreneur. With her passion for materials and technology, Simone's work has naturally expanded into products, ceramics, interior design, fabrics, and (digital) art.
She combines different disciplines and mediums to build engaging experiences. «I believe the boundaries between graphics, objects, and spaces are fluid and cannot be separated. The connection between these design aspects is fascinating.»
Simone has been running her design studio in Zurich since 2015 and co-founded the fintech start-up elleXX universe AG in 2021. She is a juror for a variety of competitions and a guest lecturer at various universities in Switzerland and abroad.
In 2019, Seraina Fels joined the studio and immediately took over an important role. With her interior design background, she understands and appreciates the balancing act between two- and three-dimensional work. «I want to make emotions evoked by space, light and materials, tangible by creating a tactile experience through design or animation.»
Interviews & Press:
- 10 Women in Tech in Switzerland to Follow in 2022
- Chatinterview "Digital Skills and Spaces" Zurich University of the Arts
- Guest on the podcast at "Let me introduce you to" by Mélanie B. / Spotify / iTunes
- Interview SRF2, Hintergrundsendung Kontext "Der Gendergap im Design und in der Medizin"
- Magazine "Ideales Heim" Interview and studioportrait: Ausbrechen um zu überraschen S.1 S/2, S/3
- Interview, PWC CEO Magazin
- Short movie about my work credo "Only Add What Should be Added" for "The World of Creativity"
- Interview SRF "Diskriminierendes Design"
- Magazine "Maison et Ambience". The experimental design objects "Cosmic bodies"
- Interview Tages Anzeiger
- «Award The Most Beautiful Swiss Books»
- Lecturer at Zurich University of Art
- Studio portrait Form Magazine
- Interview gender stereotypes design
- Interview "Swiss Design and Culture Magazine"
- Award «Red Dot Design Award»
- Interview Appenzeller Zeitung
- Interview "Cultural Approaches in Modern Graphic Design Magazine"
- 9 contemporary Swiss graphic designers you need to know
- Interview Women of Graphic Design
- Interview Transhelvetica Magazine
- Visite Privée, Gallery Zürich, 2022
- Okro Gallery, Solo Show: "What is Next?", 2022
- Café du Bohner, Zürich, Installation, 2021
- Design Days, Lausanne, Exhibition "Cosmic Bodies Vases" 2020
- Sender, Club Zürich, Performance "Nice to meet you", 2020
- Artist in Residence, «Ideas Island», Svartsjö Sweden, 2019
Lectures, panel discussions & jury:
- Brand Governance, Panel discussion by Frontify, Zurich
- NFTs, digital art and digital assets. Presentation at Karl der Grosse, Zurich
- Lunch Talk / Portrait alumna: Simone Züger, designer, artist and entrepreneur, Z-Kubator/Zurich University of the Arts
- Design & economy. Lecture at the Zurich University of the Arts / BA Design
- The value of design. Panel discussion at the Festival "Forward" for Design and Creativity in Vienna, Austria
- Lecture and guest critique at University of Applied Sciences, HTW Berlin
- Panel discussion "Woman in leading positions" at Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts HSLU, Lucerne Switzerland
- Talk and presentation at Forward Festival Zurich, Festival for Design and Communication
- Panel discussion «Gender Salon», Zurich University of Art
- Teaching at GDK – School for Graphic, Design and Communication in Zurich
- Jury member Swiss Annual Report Rating / Harbour Club, Bilanz, ZHdK, SIX Financial Information
- Burn your portfolio and launch a rocket. 7-Day Workshop at GDK – School for Graphic, Design and Communication, Zurich, Switzerland
- Shape your portfolio based on your goals. Workshop at GDK – School for Graphic, Design and Communication, Zurich, Switzerland
Simone initiated the "Ladies, Wine & Design" conversation series in Zurich to connect women in the creative industry. She also served as a member of the board of Medienfrauen Schweiz.
- Ladies, Wine & Design – Zurich
- Member of the Board in the Association of Medienfrauen Schweiz
- Creative Spirit Retreats
Simone Züger / Artist & Designer
Seraina Fels / Graphic Designer & Interior Designer
Concept / Branding / Editorial Design / Packaging Design / Special Editions / Digital and Web-Design / Interior Design Directions / Space Design / Workshops
She designs and collaborates, conceives and shapes, among others, for
Adidas / Annabelle / Art Competence Center, UBS Art Basel / Delikatessenmanufaktur Globus / EPFL Lausanne / ETH Zürich / F1 Sponsoring UBS / Genovas – Fine Food and Beverage / Gebert-Stiftung für Kultur / Guggenheim UBS MAP Global Art Initiative / Hotel The Yard / Migros-Medien MGB / Sonic Service Music / Tamedia / The Brasilea Foundation / UBS Kulturstiftung / Zurich University of the Arts and many more
Thank you all!
Before opening her own design studio in 2015, Simone graduated from Zurich University of the Arts with a BA in Visual Communication and worked as a designer and art director in agencies in Zurich and New York. She has deepened her design skills with training in UX-Design (User Experience Design) and has also studied Yoga, Philosophy and Analytical Psychology (Certificate of Advanced Studies CAS) at the C.G. Jung Institute in Zurich and further education in Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) at ZHAW School of Management and Law.
Simone lectures on design and the process of identity at creative conferences and universities internationally, as well as giving workshops and classes. With her interest in people and stories, Simone encourages her students to find a focus for their creative endeavors that really gets to the essence of who they are and what they stand for. She believes that creative development is closely connected with personal growth.
Simone Züger Design Studio GmbH
Gasometerstrasse 36, 8005 Zürich
+41 79 726 00 75
Web development: Avant la lettre
Portrait photography: Jonas Weibel
© Simone Züger Design Studio GmbH 2020
Cookies help us provide our services.
By using our services, you agree that we set cookies.